Tech Tip – Automated Repeatability Survey in Verisurf
Repeatability Surveys are an integral part of Statistical Process Control (SPC) to ferret out systematic errors and instabilities in manufacturing processes. This is an easy task in Verisurf:
- Set up and measure your reference points to orient the laser tracker to the product in question.
- Align and then measure the points you wish to monitor. These measurements will be your baseline.
- Create a report (plan).
- RMC on the points in the Report Manager and select Change Measure Settings. In Measure Settings select Automated and then OK.
NOTE: The automate process using a laser tracker requires you to leave reflectors (SMR’s) in each point you will monitor.
- In Preferences, in Projection Settings, Project To will need to be set to “Point”, and Auto-Inspect Settings will need to be set to Loop on completion.
- The tracker will run in a continuous loop collecting data until it is stopped. You may “Pause” between surveys by adding a Command to the report (plan). Select Timer Prompt and add the time (in seconds) that you want to pause between passes.
- The data may be analyzed within Verisurf or collected in a database format, or exported to Excel™ for further analysis. By selecting Add Suffix the surveys will be collected in separate data packs and then may be reported in selected formats.
Verisurf Software, Inc.
Verisurf Software, Inc. is an advanced three-dimensional measurement solutions company committed to delivering advanced computer-aided inspection and reverse engineering solutions. Verisurf software helps manufacturers of all sizes and industries produce higher quality products in less time and at a lower cost with automated, Model-Based Inspection processes. For more information, visit the Verisurf website at https://verisurf.com.