Verisurf CAD is the foundation of all Verisurf suites and makes our software unique in the metrology industry. Verisurf software is different because it not only imports every major CAD file format; it is a complete 3D modeling application.
Verisurf is the only metrology software that includes wireframe modeling, NURBS surfacing, Parasolid solid modeling, 2D drafting, and Model-Based Definition (MBD) that automates manufacturing.
All Major CAD Formats
- Standard file-formats including; VDA, IGES, STEP, STL, Parasolid, and ACIS
- Native file formats included are; SolidWorks, SolidEdge, AutoCAD, Inventor, Spaceclaim, KeyCreator, Rhinoceros, and optional formats are; CATIA, NX, and Creo
- Easily create or import and edit any CAD model – solid, surface, or wireframe
Direct-Editing of Solids
- Allows you to modify solids that have no history to edit
- You can select faces of a solid body to change the length, you can modify the radius of fillets or remove them altogether
- You can select bosses or cavities and move them, copy them, or eliminate them entirely
- Change hole size, model regenerates
- Construct models from the simplest wireframe sketches and to continue to edit the model to meet your desired result
- These functions create a history of features that can easily be edited as required
- Make model changes with significantly less work
- An excellent way to create, edit, and display shapes from simple surfaces of revolution to complex organic shapes that cannot easily be visualized using a wireframe model display
- DESIGN gives you a powerful set of surface design tools for straightforward control over every detail of your work
- Includes everything you need for the creation and editing of lines, arcs, splines, and points
- Beyond 2D sketch creation, 3D capabilities offer unlimited flexibility to create the geometry you need with ease
- Functionality includes; dimensions, labels, and notes to communicate important design information to the shop floor
- Analyze feature dimensions, radii, thickness, surface normals, and change as required
- Utilities that support common measurement tasks working with Planes, Working Coordinate Systems (WCS), Holes, and more
- Verisurf Tools include numerous CAD and file handling functions that help complete certain tasks with fewer steps and less complexity
CAD for the Metrologist
- CMM Programmers need fixtures to secure parts on a CMM during inspection.
- Verisurf CAD is a great design tool for creating 3D printed CMM fixtures or manufacturing tooling.