New Verisurf Model-Based GD&T Inspection Software
Eliminates the Need for 2D Drawings
Anaheim, CA. August 26, 2010.
Verisurf today announced the 5th generation of its Verisurf X software. With Model‐Based GD&T Inspection technology at its core, the all‐new computer‐aided inspection, and reverse engineering software inspects parts faster and more accurately without any need for 2D drawings.
Verisurf Model‐Based GD&T data can be:
- Imported from or created on virtually any 3D CAD/CAM model
- Inspected to manually or as part of an automated inspection process
- Reported on in a variety of industry formats
“The new X5 is loaded with innovative features that greatly expand the capability of metrology devices, yet this is just the tip of the iceberg,” said Ernie Husted, president of Verisurf. “Our new software has Model-Based GD&T Inspection at its core, making it possible to import Model‐Based GD&T data, create it, inspect to it and report on it.”
“No other inspection software implements GD&T inspection technology to our level,” added Husted. “It lets engineers say goodbye to 2D drawings and all of the additional time, money and inconsistencies that go with them.”
Additional Verisurf X5 features include:
- Verisurf’s new 3D Feature Scan technology automates the collection of discreet inspection points on 3D CAD models. This gives users all of the flexibility of non‐contact 3D scanning without the time‐ consuming processing and issues associated with massive point clouds
- Verisurf’s new Database Write feature formats and writes inspection information to SPC applications and PLM databases used by major global manufacturers. The feature also supports Microsoft Access and SQL Server database formats for integrating Verisurf inspection data with numerous enterprise databases
- Verisurf’s enhanced Auto Inspection Planning now performs automatic calculation of composite positional tolerances, eliminating hours of Excel spreadsheet calculations and plotting by quality assurance personnel. Auto Inspection Planning also has a new deviation display column that continuously views all measured deviations
- Verisurf’s updated MEASURE module has new assembly guidance arrows with resizable digital readout panel. Working in conjunction with Verisurf’s industry-leading Model‐Based Inspection planning automation, the module helps users take more accurate measurements in the exact order and at the precise location needed
Verisurf Software, Inc.
Verisurf Software, Inc. is a metrology software development company committed to delivering advanced computer‐aided inspection and reverse engineering solutions. Verisurf software helps manufacturers
produce higher quality products in less time and at a lower cost by using highly automated paperless, 3D Model‐Based inspection processes, rather than hand measurements and 2D paper drawings. For more
information, visit Verisurf at IMTS booth E‐3827 or our website at https://verisurf.com.
Editorial Contact: Will Curtis – 714‐349‐7976 – firstname.lastname@example.org