- Posted Sep 26, 2010
- In GD&T
Eliminates Need for 2D Drawings
Verisurf today announced the 5th generation of its Verisurf X software. With Model‐Based GD&T Inspection
technology at its core, the all‐new computer‐aided inspection and reverse engineering software inspects
parts faster and more accurately without any need for 2D drawings.
Verisurf Model‐Based GD&T data can be:
- Imported from or created on virtually any 3D CAD/CAM model
- Inspected to manually or as part of an automated inspection process
- Reported on in a variety of industry formats
“The new X5 is loaded with innovative features that greatly expand the capability of metrology devices, yet
this is just the tip of the iceberg,” said Ernie Husted, president of Verisurf. “Our new software has Model‐
Based GD&T Inspection at its core, making it possible to import Model‐Based GD&T data, create it, inspect to
it and report on it.”
“No other inspection software implements GD&T inspection technology to our level,” added Husted. “It lets
engineers say goodbye to 2D drawings and all of the additional time, money and inconsistencies that go with
Additional Verisurf X5 features include:
- Verisurf’s new 3D Feature Scan technology automates the collection of discreet inspection points on
3D CAD models. This gives users all of the flexibility of non‐contact 3D scanning without the time‐
consuming processing and issues associated with massive point clouds.
- Verisurf’s new Database Write feature formats and writes inspection information to SPC applications
and PLM databases used by major global manufacturers. The feature also supports Microsoft Access
and SQL Server database formats for integrating Verisurf inspection data with numerous enterprise
- Verisurf’s enhanced Auto Inspection Planning now performs automatic calculation of composite
positional tolerances, eliminating hours of Excel spreadsheet calculations and plotting by quality
assurance personnel. Auto Inspection Planning also has a new deviation display column that
continuously views all measured deviations.
- Verisurf’s updated MEASURE module has new assembly guidance arrows with resizable digital
readout panel. Working in conjunction with Verisurf’s industry leading Model‐Based Inspection
planning automation, the module helps users take more accurate measurements in the exact order
and at the precise location needed.
About Verisurf Software, Inc.
Verisurf Software, Inc. is a metrology software development company committed to delivering advanced
computer‐aided inspection and reverse engineering solutions. Verisurf software helps manufacturers
produce higher quality products in less time and at a lower cost by using highly automated paperless, 3D
Model‐Based inspection processes, rather than hand measurements and 2D paper drawings.