New Master3DGage® Powered by Verisurf
First Article Inspection and Reporting in Minutes
The Master3DGage development team announced, today, the all New, third-generation, Master3DGage – the affordable and portable rapid 3D inspection and reverse engineering solution that enables machine shops to increase efficiency, improve part quality, and reduce scrap. The complete hardware/software solution delivers automated ‘in-process’ inspection right to the shop floor, providing first article inspection and reporting in minutes.
“The New Master3DGage solution continues to close the loop in digital manufacturing workflows,” said Austin Husted, Hardware Product Manager. “Manufacturers can not only extend a 3D model-based workflow from CAD to CAM to Computer Aided Inspection, but they can also reverse engineer parts into the 3D model-based process thus improving quality, saving time and eliminating drawings.”
The Master3DGage development team selected Verisurf 3D model-based inspection and reverse engineering software application suites to bundle with the latest Portable CMM technology. The portable CMM features advanced manufacturing materials and technology, including lightweight, low Coefficient of Thermal Expansion (CTE) carbon fiber arm components, and hot-swappable probes with automatic probe recognition. The optional non-contact laser scanner is interchangeable with tactile probes, further expanding application flexibility.
The Master3DGage with Verisurf Application Suites offers highly accurate and powerful toolsets that are easy to learn and operate, using quick three-step workflows.
- Align: Align manufactured part to 3D CAD model by probing part to corresponding alignment targets on the 3D CAD model.
- Inspect: Inspect manufactured part in real time by probing any surface or by following repeatable automated inspection plans.
- Report: Report inspection results in industry standard formats with intelligent GD&T and color deviation maps for clear, practical analysis.
- Measure: Contact scan or probe 3D complex profile surfaces or prismatic features including planes, cylinders, cones, and spheres, or capture 2D features including lines, splines, circles and slots.
- Mesh: Powerful point cloud and STL mesh editing tools helps prepare large data sets for 3D mesh surfacing. In many cases, STL models can go straight to 3D printing!
- Model: Transform 3D point clouds and meshes into 3D NURB surfaces or solid models with MBD for precision manufacturing.
Master3DGage is available now from Authorized Master3DGage resellers worldwide. Click here to download a brochure!
Verisurf Software, Inc.
Verisurf Software, Inc. is a measurement solutions company, committed to delivering advanced surface analysis, quality inspection, assembly guidance, and reverse engineering. Verisurf products and processes, including the Master3DGage solution, are vital to maintaining a digital thread between design, engineering, manufacturing, and finished part validation. Based on a powerful CAD platform, Verisurf is committed to digital Model-Based Definition (MBD), open standards, and interoperability with all coordinate measuring machines and CAD software. Verisurf solutions help manufacturers produce higher quality products in less time. You can learn more about the New Master3DGage and Verisurf Software at https://verisurf.com.